mortgagegym.com is a website which, amongst other things, compares financial products including mortgages and other services that may be available to you depending upon your circumstances.
We set out below the important points for you to note when using our website. These summary points are not part of our Terms and Conditions and are for reference only. Before using our website, we recommend that you read all of our Terms and Conditions to ensure that you are happy with them. We suggest that you keep a copy of these Terms and Conditions in a safe place for future reference.
You must only use the mortgagegym.com website for your personal use.
You must provide accurate and complete information when using this website so that we can provide appropriate mortgage and financial product quotes.
If you input incomplete or incorrect information whilst using this website and enter into a relationship with a broker or mortgage lender on the basis of that information, your mortgage offer may not fully meet your needs and/or not be available on the same terms.
mortgagegym.com must only be used by UK residents. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will constitute an offer or promotion for services or products outside of the United Kingdom.
All information, data and copyright material contained on this website must not be reproduced or used without our consent.
We provide an advised mortgage comparison service and where you propose to enter into a separate agreement with a product provider, you should check their terms and conditions to ensure that you are comfortable with them as you will contract with them directly on their terms and conditions.
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions that apply to your use of this website.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before using this website. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide services to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
- By using this website you agree to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms and Conditions you should not use this website.
- We may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. We will give you notice of any changes by posting those changes on our website. We will not vary any terms and conditions which you previously agreed whilst using this website. However, any amended Terms and Conditions will apply to your use of this website from the date they are posted and if you do not agree with the amended Terms and Conditions, you are entitled to stop using this website at that time.
- "Broker" means a mortgage broker or advisor.
- "Lender" means the provider of mortgage funding.
- "you" and "your" means the person who proposes to use or is using this website.
- "we" "us" and "our" means MortgageGym a trading name of Mortgage Gym Limited whose registered office is at Abbots House, Abbey Street, Reading RG1 3BD, and any other person or business to whom we may legally transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions. You are entitled to stop using this website if we transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions to a third party. Mortgage Gym Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is on the Financial Services Register under firm reference number 755019.
- "product or service provider" means the Broker, Lender, bank, building society or other financial institution providing any service or product identified on this website or made available via this website.
- "quote" means the details of particular Lender's offerings whose mortgage products are identified as being of relevance to you and are shown to you by comparison against other Lenders. Quotes are selected for your attention by reference to a number of factors including but not limited to your credit score, the value of the mortgage you are seeking and affordability assessment based upon the information you have provided. In providing you with a quote we are not able to guarantee the availability of the product, the service or the price set out as you will need to deal with the product or service provider direct to make a purchase.
- "website" means a site on the worldwide web located at www.mortgagegym.com or our application.
- "writing" includes emails and text messages. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
Use of this website
- By using this website you agree that:
- You will not do anything that affects the integrity or security of this website or causes or may cause harm, damage or unreasonable inconvenience to other users of this website or us; and
- You will not gather, extract, download, reproduce and/or display or advertise on any other website, other online or off-line service or otherwise, any material on or from this website, including but not limited to information relating to insurance prices, whether that information has been gained by the use of spiders, data mining, trawling or other 'screen scraping' software or system used to extract data.
- If you breach any of the clauses set out at 3.1 above, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including denying you access to this website, bringing legal proceedings against you and disclosing such information to appropriate legal and/or regulatory bodies.
- By using this website you agree that:
UK residents only
- This website is directed only at UK residents and nothing within it or these Terms and Conditions constitutes an offer or promotion of services or products to persons outside the United Kingdom. We do not make any warranty or representation that the services we offer are available or appropriate for use by those outside the UK. Should you choose to use the services we provide outside the UK, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to ensure that you are compliant with any applicable local laws.
- You must only use the mortgagegym.com website for your personal use.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all information you supply to us or enter onto this website is complete and accurate, so please double-check your information before submitting it.
- You will need to answer a number of questions including personal details and financial information in order to obtain a quote for any product or service. These questions are designed to ensure that we are able to azccess information from credit reference agencies, conduct electronic verification checks including know your client, anti-money laundering and confirmation of income checks and share those details with relevant product or service providers so that they have all the information necessary to provide you with accurate, appropriate and timely information relating to the products and/or services in which you are interested.
- In the case of mortgages the quoted payment amounts are determined by the answers you provide to those
questions and therefore you should answer all questions truthfully and fully and to the best of your
knowledge and belief. In all cases, if you fail to provide complete and accurate information:
- any quote may no longer be available or liable to change significantly; and/or
- You may be liable for damage or loss to a product or service provider.
- This will depend on the terms and conditions you have agreed with your product or service provider.
- If you are using a product or service provider's website directly you must also read their terms and conditions. The product or service provider's terms and conditions will cover any transaction or agreement between you and the product or service provider, whereas these Terms and Conditions agreed with us relate only to your use of this website.
- We provide a service on our website that delivers mortgage robo-advice and presents indicative comparisons of mortgage values and products that may be available to you as well as insight into the likelihood of you being able to obtain those mortgage products. Our website uses a combination of information that we obtain from Lender panel scorecards, information contained with your credit file, information you have provided and certain assumptions made based on the information that you have supplied. There is no charge for this service. We may receive a fee and/or commission from product or service provider when you use our service to purchase products or services from them.
- Our website will not provide a final recommendation or endorsement of any particular product or service provider but will provide you with a choice of Brokers, who will provide you with further advice about particular products or service providers and, should you so instruct them, mediate a mortgage contract. There is no charge to you for our service. We may receive a fee and/or commission from product or service provider when you use our service to identify products or services which they make available to you.
- We exclude our liability for any loss or damage you may suffer resulting from acts or omissions, including but not limited to the negligence, of any third party to whom we pass your details in accordance with clause 6.2 above or as otherwise requested.
- The information you share with us is used along with supplementary information such as credit refence data, by the product or service provider to formulate their quote. It is important that you double-check all information to ensure that it is complete and accurate. We seek to ensure that we accurately pass on the information you have provided to the product or service provider for the purpose of providing a comparison.
- To enable us to provide all of the information required by the product or service providers to enable them to assess the basis on which you may be eligible for the mortgage you have made enquiries about we will also access your credit history and relevant financial information. We will only share these details with the prospective product or service providers to enable us to provide you with the details of the products available to you and the details of the relevant Lenders and Brokers.
- Our website may display the details of Brokers or Lenders to enable you to contact your preferred product or service provider. For your benefit we have arranged with TrustPilot for you and other users of our service and the product and service providers services to leave feedback using Trustpilot. TrustPilot comments and rankings displayed are completely independent from us.
- These Terms and Conditions and our correspondence with you will be communicated in the English language.
- We want you to know that our mortgage searches will not affect your ability to get credit. Please also
- we will search a credit reference agency (Experian) who will provide us with publicly held data about you, including the electoral roll and shared credit performance data. If you have a financial associate their data may also be provided;
- we will use the information provided to us by Experian to help decide which products may be best for you;
- there may also be other products available from lenders who are not represented by this service;
- when Experian receives a search request from us, they will place a 'quotation search' on your credit report footprint, whether or not you decided to apply for the product;
- the information which we provide to Experian may be supplied by them to other organisations and used by those organisations for the purpose of checking identity, preventing fraud, tracing and collection of debt;
- Experian may also use your data to undertake statistical analysis;
- by confirming your agreement to proceed you are confirming that your information can be used in this way.
Validity of quote
- We do not control the price or conditions relating to quotes. These are set by product or service providers. If you obtain a quote and would like to see how long it is valid for or any special conditions relating to it, please click through the links contained on our website to see the full product details. For more detailed terms and conditions relating to products, you may need to visit the provider's website. Product and service providers' prices, rates and offer times are updated and amended on a regular basis so the quotes are subject to change. Any change in your circumstances must be promptly notified to us and will invalidate any existing quote.
- In order to purchase any of the products or services described on our website you will need to receive advice and may therefore experience a considerably longer application process if you decide to contact the product or service providers directly.
Delivery of quotes
- You will receive the results of our mortgage comparison technology online. We do rely on the availability of third party systems and websites and general performance of the worldwide web. At certain times some or all online quotes may not be available to you due to problems with third party websites or the worldwide web. Wherever possible, we will try and notify you of this and email you to let you know when your comparisons are ready.
- Whilst we strive to provide as comprehensive and easy-to-use a service as possible, the requirements for providing you with a quote may on occasion not be met if further detail is required or if certain requirements are unusual or "non-standard". If this is the case you may be directed to a Broker to discuss your requirements.
- Each product and service provider will have a different approach to the provision of their quotes and we may not be able to make quotes available for all of their products. Where you have expressed an interest in a product restricted by a product or service provider, we may sometimes contact you to assist you further (provided that we or the provider continue to treat your data as confidential and comply with data protection legislation).
Responsibilty for content
- We are responsible for ensuring that we accurately reflect product or service quotes via our comparison technology. We are also responsible for statements of fact made to you by us and protecting your data in accordance with data protection legislation.
- We will use our best endeavours to provide you with a quality service and virus free website. However, we are not responsible for computer viruses or other computer related problems you suffer as a result of using this website, which are beyond our reasonable control. We recommend that you use your own appropriate virus checking software.
- We are not responsible for any commentary, opinions, ratings or other postings on this website by third parties.
- Product or service providers and third party websites are responsible for failings or errors on their websites and may have a separate duty of care to you.
- You may be entitled to rights separate to these Terms and Conditions under English consumer law or other legislation.
- All information, data and copyright material contained on this website, including any trade marks (whether officially registered or unregistered), trade names, brands, logos and devices belong to us or to people whom we have given ownership or permission to use such information data and/or copyright material. You must not use such information or copyright material unless you have written permission from us or the owner to do so.
- You may download or copy the content and other downloadable items displayed on this website for personal non business use only, (i.e. to assist with a purchasing decision), provided that you are not otherwise breaching these Terms and Conditions.
- We will comply with all applicable data protection legislation from time to time in force in respect of the personal data we collect from you.
- The information you have provided to us will be passed to product or service providers to allow them to assess their willingness to provide the product or service you have made enquiries about and to enable us to share with you the costs and further detail of those products or services.
Third party websites
- This website contains links to websites operated by third parties. Some of those websites will carry our branding and are therefore only accessible by our customers. The operation and content of those websites are determined by those third parties and will be governed by separate terms and conditions. We do not accept responsibility or liability for the content of any third party website, as this is outside of our control.
- Links are provided for convenience only and inclusion of any links should not be taken to imply endorsement in any way of the site to which it links.
- You may wish to take the following steps when purchasing a product or service from a third party website:
- Read and ensure that you understand the terms and conditions of their website and terms and conditions of any product or service you might be agreeing with them;
- Clarify and/or check your understanding of relevant terms and conditions by seeking independent advice, for example if the proposed transaction is of significant financial value to you; and/or
- We regularly check that all our partners are regulated, however, if you wish to check the service provider you are dealing with is regulated (for example, by the Financial Conduct Authority). You can do this by checking the Financial Services Register on the Financial Conduct Authority's website.
- We may issue a warning, temporarily suspend, permanently suspend or terminate your right to use this
website if you:
- Substantially breach any of these Terms and conditions;
- Infringe or violate or attempt to infringe or violate any rights of any other user(s) of this website and/or third parties in connection with this website; or
- If you are using this website to commit or attempt to commit a criminal offence.
- We may issue a warning, temporarily suspend, permanently suspend or terminate your right to use this website if you:
Jurisdiction and enforceability
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions are held by a competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will not be affected and will remain valid.
- In the event of a dispute in connection with or arising out of these Terms and Conditions, English law will apply.
- These Terms and Conditions will only apply as between us and you. Unless as otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions no other person may benefit or rely upon these Terms and Conditions.
- Service standards
We aim to provide a high level service to all our customers but occasionally things can go wrong. When this happens we will do everything we can to put things right and assist you.
- What to do if you have a complaint?
If you have a complaint about our service, these can be logged online at www.mortgagegym.com within the complaints section of our website. To make a complaint by email please email us at email@example.com
To make a complaint in writing by post please send your letter to:
Mortgage Gym Limited
Should you not find the above convenient and wish to use alternative means of communication, we are happy to speak with you by telephone so you can advise us of your intentions.
Please include your name and address, a means of contact and details of why you are unhappy. This will help us to respond to you as quickly as possible. If we do not have enough information to investigate your complaint we will try and contact you to ask for further details.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint by the close of business the next working day, we will send a written acknowledgement of your complaint to you within 5 working days of its receipt. In our acknowledgement we will advise you of the name and job title of the person who will be dealing with your complaint.
By the end of eight weeks after receipt of your original complaint letter we will send you a final response or a letter explaining why we are still not in a position to issue a final response and advising you of when we expect to be able to do so.
You may after eight weeks, or if you are unhappy with our response to your complaint, contact the Financial Ombudsman Service who may be contacted at Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR or by telephone on 0800 0234567. Their website is at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
If your complaint is regarding a product or service that you have purchased via this website then you can complain directly to the relevant product or service provider responsible for supplying the product or service about which you wish to complain. If you wish to raise a formal dispute you can do so through the European Commission's Online Dispute Resolution procedure. This procedure will help you to access the appropriate dispute resolution body.
We cannot answer complaints on behalf of a product or service provider or accept responsibility for any such complaints. We recommend that you visit the website of the product or service provider and follow their complaints procedure if you wish to make a complaint against them.
- Service standards